Monday, February 3, 2014

Penguin Plunge 2014




    Yesterday was the 15th Annual Penguin Plunge. I'm pretty sure this was my 7th time plunging into the ocean in the dead of winter. Am I crazy or what?! It was awesome, as always! It's just so thrilling when you hit that 35 degree water in 40 degree or less air temperatures! It's like you're breaking the rules... but you're not. It's a wonderful fundraiser for the Special Olympics and I am more than happy to do it for the cause. It was amazing to see some of my old work family, as well. I miss them a lot! 
    And get this; we made the news!!!! We were in the first wave of jumping (there were 3 waves) and we were right in the front and caught on camera! I don't think I have ever been on the news quite so front and center before and it was totally cool to see myself. I'm glad I wasn't doing anything too silly! This is the video of us at the Plunge! 
    I had a wonderful time and I hope to be able to do some fundraising at my new work and have some of my new work friends come next year and be crazy with me! I bet I know a few who would be willing to be a little nutty with me. Let me just say, being 21 or older and having a couple of shots before you jump in, is always very helpful! So get ready for me next year, friends! I will be recruiting and fundraising! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment