Sunday, January 5, 2014

Besides I like roller coasters.

I miss the warm/hot sun.
I miss the sand between my toes.
I miss my old co-workers... a lot.
I miss losing myself in a television show (my DVR is so full)
I miss sleeping in.
I miss lazy days in my pajamas.
I miss not having to bundle up.
I miss getting my nails done.
I miss my grandparents.

I don't like goodbyes.
I don't like starting over.
I don't like second guessing myself.
I don't like disappointing people.
I don't like when people are nice to your face and say different (not so nice) things behind your back.
I don't like sick kids, friends or men.

I love spending time with my kids.
I love seeing movies. (Frozen = AMAZING and American Hustle was fantastic with seriously great acting!)
I love dinners with my dad, Pam, my kids and their dog Zeke.
I love being lovingly attacked by dogs and growled at for my attention.
I love my kids laughs and smiles.
I love building new relationships.
I love getting into my big comfy bed, next to James, after a long hard day.
I love seat warmers in cars.
I love feeling appreciated.
I love coffee.
I love spending time with old friends.
I love football.
I love happily ever afters, especially with a twist.

    My life lately has been a whirlwind of emotions. It feels like a roller coaster ride going up, down and a million miles per hour. I wish things would calm back down and feel normal again but really, what is normal? I wanted a change. I needed a change. I needed to spice life up and now that life is throwing me in a million directions I'm feeling really insecure. I guess that's what happens when life is no longer a routine. When life is routine, it's pretty easy to feel comfortable and safe. When life isn't routine, it's probably normal to feel insecure and scared. I have been a control freak for as long as I can remember. All of this is probably good for me. In fact, now that I think about it, it's kind of part of my new year's resolution. Letting go. I need to let go of my control and just roll with the punches and enjoy every moment of life that I can. It's time to step back and release some tension. I need to release some insecurity and know that I am doing everything I can to do things the right way. Besides.... I like roller coasters...



No comments:

Post a Comment