Thursday, January 9, 2014

13 Things to Make Me a Better Me



     I found this, 12 Things Happy People Do Differently, while scanning Facebook and I thought to myself, I can do those things. I can definitely make my life better by using some key things to make me a better and happier person. The twelve things are listed below. I am going to add a thirteenth one that is just for me. (I do LOVE the number 13!) It isn't necessarily something that makes other people happy but it is something that is going to make me happier. As the months go on I will talk about each one individually, hopefully with some stories about how each thing is going. I am so happy that I found this and am really looking forward to tackling this list!

 1.  Express Gratitude
 2.  Cultivate Optimism
 3.  Avoid Over Thinking and Social Comparison
 4.  Practice Acts of Kindness
 5.  Nurture Social Relationships
 6.  Develop Strategies for Coping
 7.  Learn to Forgive
 8.  Increase Flow  (Focus) Experiences
 9.  Savor Life's Joys
10. Commit to your Goals
11. Practice Spirituality
12. Take Care of your Body
13. Find a balance
               I need to find a balance between family time, work time, friend time and me time. All of these things are important and I need to find a way to balance them all without losing any of it or becoming unhappy.

     Time to go start in on this list. Obviously, I am well aware that this will not be an overnight project. That's the exciting part! It's something I get to work on every single day! For right now, I have some gratitude I need to show. Have a happy day! 
     

4 comments:

  1. I need to work on finding balance and develop strategies for coping (healthy ones)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list!!! I need to send you the link to that book and the Facebook pages/blog that go with it. If you liked this article, you'll love what they do! Committing to your goals, yes! I know I CAN do it, I just get lazy lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely want that link!!! I'm so excited to read the book! Commiting to your goals is so hard! But it does feel really good when you do it! But I totally hear you, I get super lazy as well! :) I still need your address too lady! ;)

      Delete