Monday, March 10, 2014

My Happy Place

     I hate that I haven't been posting lately. This is my space. This is my outlet. This is the thing I do for myself that helps me get out a lot of emotion, even if I'm not writing about my emotions. This past week has been a busy one as usual. Doctors appointments, work, Gabe getting sick. That's no excuse though. The thing is every time that I write a post I feel better. I feel more like myself. I know that I love doing this and that I need it in my life even if I am the only person who ever reads it. So I have come up with some ideas to structure me a little bit.
(The beach is also my happy place but in this case I'm talking about the blog!)

    First of all, I love writing stories. So, I came up with Short Story Sunday. I am going to do my best to post a short story every Sunday. Some will be fiction, some will be embellished, some will be straight from the heart. All of them will be in story form.
    Second, there are so many moments in a week that I find funny. Moments that make you laugh are the best kind. So, I am adding Favorite and Funny Friday, where every Friday I will post some of my favorite and funny moments from the week. Hopefully, they will put a smile on other people's faces the way that they do mine.
      I may come up with more ideas over time. Maybe the rest of my posts will just be catching up with me and me letting it all out. Maybe I will have some really insightful things to say. Who knows? That's what makes blogging so much fun isn't it?!

     I have started going back to the gym! It feels so good. I actually managed to get there 3 times last week with my friend Melissa. It has been so amazing and I feel so accomplished (and tired) after I go. I really want to lose some weight. I want to make me a better me. A healthier me. A happier me. I want to do it for myself and for my kids. They need me to be as healthy and happy as possible to make them as happy and healthy as possible.
     I have to remember to make the time to do things that make me the happiest. Spend time with my kids and fiance, go to the gym and blog. Those are the things I need right now. Well, those things and the sun but I don't get to control the sun, unfortunately. So stayed tuned friends, for a more focused and happy me!
Love, love, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment