Saturday, December 7, 2013

Change is the big bad monster under the bed...


    I've said it before and I'm going to say it again.... Change is one of my least favorite things! Change is awesome and new and exciting... for like 5 minutes and then I start to FREAK OUT! I get all anxious and nauseated and dizzy. Ok, I am exaggerating a little bit. In all seriousness though, if I had to pick one thing that I was most afraid was hiding under the bed, it would be change. Change comes in every shape and size. It comes at you from every direction. Just because you know it's what your life needs does not mean that it's easy. Stepping out of your comfort zone, the comfort zone that you took so much time to create, takes a lot of courage; No matter what the change may be!
   I am here to say that I am stepping out of my comfort zone. That position I applied for... I got it! I think it really made a positive impact on my status within the company too, which is totally an added bonus! I am excited! I know a couple of people that work there. Mostly, I only know my new boss, but he's a good friend and a great guy! I'm really excited to be working for him again. I will be meeting a lot of new people, which is really scary for me. I'm not a shy person but I'm also not really the kind of person who gives off a very good first impression. I'm not exactly bubbly and giddy when I'm not in my comfort zone. However I am going to do my best to walk in and just be myself right off the bat, perhaps with a little (::cough cough:: A LOT) less sarcasm, for now anyway. I am going to try to look at it from the other perspective of change. It's not stepping out of my comfort zone, it's stepping into a new beginning. It's a new chapter and I can be the new and improved me. Honestly, I've been busting my butt lately to mend fences and keep a positive out look on life. I went through a not so good phase a few years ago and things went down hill faster than you could even imagine. I have, very thankfully, come out of that and really grown as a person since then.


   I want to keep growing! I want to keep reaching! I want to keep doing new, exciting and positive things in my life! Change is scary but also very necessary. Without change, you have no hope. Seriously, can you imagine being dreamless? Hopeless? Stuck? Without change that's exactly what you are. You're in a vicious, endless, cycle of monotony. I want to continue to strive for better! I want to be the best person I can possibly be! I want to change!


(Thank for posting this on my wall Tara!)
     Isn't that what we all want? We want to make sure that we are doing everything in our power to be our best? This change has only just begun and I know it was the right decision because it reminded me that there is more out there. There is a world of endless possibilities to try and achieve! That nervous, anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach? That is the feeling of living. That is the feeling of trying. That is the feeling of being my best self. So if that feeling needs to be there so that I can be assured that I am living my life to the fullest potential... I'll take it. I want to show myself and my kids that this is how life should be. You have to work hard to earn the things that you want in life. I think that's something we forget from time to time, especially if you've been complacent in your job for a long time, like I have. I needed this as a reminder that this is how I want to live my life, motivated and striving for success! Having things handed to me is not the way I want it. It doesn't feel nearly as good that way.
    So big bad scary change monster under the bed, I am not afraid of you getting me in the middle of the night! I will fight you off with my flashlight! I am ready. I am determined. I can do this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment